Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes archiving not behaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonty

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
GB
I cannot get archiving to work if I set the selection criterea to selected by user in the archive settings. It goes through the motions (history shows selecting, copying, deleting and truncating documents) but then I have a message in the status that says no documents were archived.

It's as if it's trying to apply some other selection criteria but I have tried this with all other archiving criterea disabled (even deleted) and also tried closing notes, deleting cache etc.

Running Domino 7.0.1 FP1 and Notes client 7.0.1

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Tony.

I'm actually having the same problem with Lotus 6.5. It goes through the motions, appears to archive but nothing is moved. still looking for a solution.

Did you check your criteria in the Archive Settings?
For Lotus version 7.0, you go to Actions->archive settings-> highlight Default for Last Modified and click on Edit.
Go to the tab that says Selection Criteria and select which option you want. I selected Not Modified in more than
90 days, but you can pick whatever you want. This has worked the best for us as my users need to keep a lot of emails. Remember, documents are archived on your workstation, so make sure you back them up.

Thanks for the reply but I think you're missing the point... there is no criterea other than those mails selected by the user! I just want to archive those emails that I have selected, regardless of how old, big or anything else.

Regards,
Tony.

I just tried it on mine and it archived my single email no problem.
First I selected the email by placing a checkmark next to the email and then went to Actions->archive->archive selected documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back