Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

frl

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
Hi,

did anyone had any problems/issues with ARCserve v9 and Lotus Notes agent.

We had a problem with how slowly it was taking; a 120GB backup that normally took 6 hours (3 hours per tape using Arcserve v6) was taking 8 hours per tape. If there was a problem with the first tape then the backup for that day was just a failure. We decided to turn the Notes Agent off on that server. We have another server that uses it and it runs fine; CA said that it was normal for it to take that long to back up 120GB of open mailboxes; go figure....

We now use two drives with the agent off and it takes just under 2 hours for the whole thing.

hi all
just installing BABv9 with Notes agent on a notes cluster with two notes servers per NT server in seperate partions

When i install the notes agent it all installs fine with updates patch 4 etc , but when try to create backup the notes agent does not expand to show databases. Also the RPC agent service shuts down with no apparent reason. Selected notes option anyway, and error on backup shows , "remote proceedure call failed" checked CA usual lack of help. Checked registry file and notes install .trc no issues.

Just trying to backup the mail database server first , then try include the applications notes server.
Can anyone help?

Awaiting CA to return with answer but that could be any time this year, and will be all my error anyway, i mean cant be the BAB software can it, well not until they release the next service patch

When I expand the Lotus Notes Server in ArcServe it takes some time to do it. After a while it shows the databases and I can do the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back