Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmauri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
ES
Hi list,

I tried to use Lotus notes agent, which is installed since I installed Arcserve system, but I have never used...
(Brisghstor v9.0 build 2050)

First of all, which is the diference to make a backup between \\serverdomino\d$ and Lotus Notes Agent?

anyway, I tried to use Lotus notes agent, selecting all db but I get these two errors:

Error 8601

8601 Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=agent name, EC=error message/code)

It seems to be a logon error but I tried to put logon information more than once...

I'm afraid there are no special features using L.Notes agent, aren't I?

Thanks a lot.

Depends whether you are using the OFA version of the Notes agent, or the NA version (you chose this when you installed it).

If you are making a backup of D$ this is a flat file backup without using any agent whatsoever, no matter which installation option you chose.

What OS/Service Pack and version of Notes are involved here?

I'm using Lotus Domino 6.5 onto Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
Brighstor v9.0 build 2050 and Client agent in Domino server is v9 build 1868.
But, when I schedule a backup job, in the server I select the option 'use agent', in domino server appears Lotus Notes Server (I think this option uses the lotus notes agent) and selecting this is when I cannot make a backup.

if you need further information...

You need to be using the NA version of the Notes agent for it to work with 6.5, and you should patch up the host server and the agent. Currently your host server is at cumulative patch 5 and the agent is unpatched.

If you're using a windows agent as well as the notes agent, then add it into the GUI, don't browse the network. If you are not using a windows agent as well as a notes agent you will have to browse the network, but don't check the use agent box - that is relevant to the filesystem agent, not the notes agent.

How can I patch up the notes agent?
I only need to patch up the notes agent?
Can you point me the correct link? I cannot find it

Thanks.

I just patched up the server but I couldn't to patch up the agents...I cannot select the options to continue the setup.
Have I to do something special?

thanks.

Did you apply the 9.01 update first as is specified in the pre-reqs for SP2, hence why I didn't just link direct to SP2.

SP2 is 9.01?
yes, I did. I applied firstly in the arcserve server.
What can I do now?

No 9.01 comes before SP2 - hence it being a pre-req - read the patch page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back