Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOTUS EXPERTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUDGE27

MIS
Jul 20, 2002
AU
Hello all,

I am currently administering an SQL Server. Our mail system is Lotus.
Is there a method I can use to trigger my alerts, without installing a lotus client on the Server as this is not an option.

Thanks in Advance

Thinking Caps please,

There must be another way!

Can you give a bit more detail about what you are trying to achieve? I'm assuming you want to send a mail via cc:Mail from the SQL server each time an alert is triggered. If this is the case it is easy enough - simply run the import command (command-line, don't need the client)... I can give further details if this is what you want.
Cheers
Ade

Salvation at Last,

You hit the nail on the head BigAde. Can you please
proceed and send me further information.

Thanks in Advance

Sorry for the delay...
There was a time when I could reel all this off the top of my head, but it's been a while now!

You'll need to do a standard import32 line i.e.:
import32 /n<hub_po_name> /p<po_password> /d<hub_po_path> /@c:\import.msg.....
...after this I can't remember the exact syntax, think it's /message or something like that.
If you do a import32 /? you'll get all the options listed anyway.

Then you need dump your sql error log to a text file c:\import.msg (or whatever you want to call it). The import.msg file must be of the correct syntax. Again, can't remember it right now. Will check it out when I get home and post here.

If you are serious about doing this, you could do worse than get the excellent book from Johnson Consulting &quot;Inside cc:Mail&quot;

Thanks Ade

Just the kick start I needed.

Hi Judge27
Sorry... Have looked around at home, but can't seem to find my CD full of tricks! Have got it somewhere I know, but not sure where...
Will keep looking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back