Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Domino reinstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahidulc

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2005
HK
Hi,

The server(w2k)where my domino server resided was crashed (OS). After the crash i retrived data and after reinstalling the OS i placed the data exactly as it was before. Later I installed Domino stating the earlier physical location of the server.

The installation went fine and seemed it works. But after starting the Domino, in one stage i get a message that is maillog.dll is not found in the specified path. If I ignore the msg i can use domino server. But can u pls tell how to get rid from this msg.

I took the backup properly before reinstalling the OS and placed that exactly as it was before. So there there was no chance of missing any particular file.

Pls help

Best regards

Hi,
I did not find any maillog.dll in my installations of Lotus Domino.
By the way, the correct way to restore the Domino server is:
- install the OS
- install the Domino Server
- restore the Data catalog to the correct place
This will prevent from "downgrading" the templates of system databases, if you have introduces any changes to them

regards

Did you have anti-virus running on the server before the crash?. Trend Micro for instance install a "scan mail log.dll"(or something like) that hooks into the Notes system.

Hi,
I have other anti-virus, but there isn't such dll in the notes directory. The question is: the problem have been started occuring after installation of the antivirus software or Lotus Domino server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back