Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Domino --> Exchange 2003 migration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishthom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
SE
Finally I have talked my management into migration from Lotus Domino (ver 5.0.9) to Exchange 2003.
But..
Why can´t I find any help regarding migration from Domino on Microsoft website. This would be in their interest? I´ve serched the KB without any luck.

Have anyone some experiense about this migration...?

I need to migrate 25 users inboxes as well as their personal adressbooks...

Clients are Lotus Notes 5/6 New Client Outlook 2003

Thomas

Congratulations, and it's a good thing. A search of the IBM support site for "domino and crash" resturs 2878 results. A search for "domino and overflow" returns 273 results. 273 buffer overflows in a single product, wow.

Anyway, try the whitepaper titled "Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Lotus Domino Coexistence and Migration" available on the Microsoft web site. Although this is a 2000 whitepaper, the connector hasn't changed mucn since the LinkAge days.

Helpful KB articles include:

This should get you started

Thanks xmsre..

Very interesting facts...will print them out :)
I have never worked with anything so dumb as the admin interface in domino. How can they sell that crap....

anyways..
I looked into that whitepaper earlier and the tools didnt work. Today sitting at my lab enviroment at home. (so I dont get disturbed by al coworkers complaining about Notes :) I saw it right infront of me.....The migration wizard...how could I miss that...It seems it only migrates users inboxes (and subfolders) but it´s a start..
thank god we don´t have any notes application that I have to migrate..

Now the only thing left are the personal adressbooks and the common adressbooks (2500 adresses). To get a clean enviroment I am thinking about creating them from the start....

I am really looking forward working with exchange again.. :)

Thanks for your help anyway...

Thomas / Sweden

IBM really needs to learn how to write a real service. The dumbino service is a console app, and the priority changes depending on if you're in the foreground or background [minimized]. This can cause dumbino to thrash unexpectedly with high paging. Anyway, enough about gnoats....

You have the connector, which you will need to install.
You have the calcon, which you can install.
You have the migration wizard, as you've discovered.
You have the notes application analyzer, but you don't have any apps ... thank god.

In your environment there aren't very many users, so the NAB importer tool should work for the address books.

Thomas:

Any luck with the Microsoft process of going from Domino 5.0.x to Exchange 2003?

We are getting ready to do the same and I wanted to see what others experienced.

Did you ever have to use a third party app?
Did you migrate calendars too?
Did you have to export NABs individually?
(we are looking at all three above, that's why I mention them).

Thanks,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back