Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Beginner - Please Assist me 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEV

Programmer
May 10, 2001
PH
I apologize, but i'm a beginner in lotus notes environment. I was asked to research on lotus domino in preparation for one of our coming project. It has been a couple of days of exploring but i haven't get to the first base.

I'm trying to search a record(does this mean as a lotus document?) i've already saved. I just couldn't do SEARCHING A RECORD from the database with a certain criteria.

Will anyone help me please. Thanks a lot.

there are ways where you can search a documents.
first of course you have to create the the form.
after which create a view using this formula on the selection: Select @All or Select Form = "form name".

then sort the first column (this will be your index),
after that u can now use @DBLookup - please refer to the Designer Help.

use can also use LotusScript to search for documents, that is through GetDocumentbyKey - i'm not going into details about that but u can always refer to the Domino Designer Help.

That's all & by the way, where do u work.
u can contact me at grendizer@visto.com

SEV.

If you need any assistance or further help on this or any Domino related question, you can contact me on mcevilly@postmaster.co.uk.

I will be able to help you with any questions. What is the project that you are working on?

McElvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back