Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lotus Approach 9.7 always opens in read-only

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsaico

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2008
I have the two passwords, one for read, and the other for read+write. But before I can even put in the password, it tells me the dbf is read only. Only choice is OK and Cancel, then no matter which password is entered, the databases always open up as read only. I check the windows security and it is set to full access for this user, and also tried opening this database as a domain admin and it still shows as read only. Any ideas?
is the screen shot.

One possibility is that you have your database on a CD, which by definition is "read only". Or that the folder the database files are in is marked "read only".

Another possibility is that your database index is corrupt and "thinks" a password is required. You can test this option by opening the .DBF file for your database directly with Approach. If you get a password dialog doing this, then the database index is 1) corrupted or 2) someone assigned a database password to it.

Otherwise, tell me more about your database -- type, location, etc.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back