Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus 123 Rel. 5.0 Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockopa

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
I'm trying to find a formula that will add the lowest 5 numbers out of 10. I have a formula that will delete one of the high numbers out of 10 but can't seem to figure out how to count the lowest 5 and ignore the highest 5. That formula I'm talking about is @sum(A1..A10)-@MAX(A1..A10).
I found one on the internet for Excel but I can't find out how to change it for Lotus 123.

If there are no duplicates in your number list, then you can try:

@SMALL($A$1..$A$9,1)+@SMALL($A$1..$A$9,2)+@SMALL($A$1..$A$9,3)+@SMALL($A$1..$A$9,4)+@SMALL($A$1..$A$9,5)

If you organize your list of numbers in a column with a text header, then you can use a much simpler formula:

@DSUM($A$1..$A$9;0;A2<@SMALL($A$2..$A$9,6)) (untested)

Again, duplicates can mess up the answer.

Crazybird

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, I have the test sheet at work and just got to try it this morning.

I tried the formula (the first one) and it works great. It also may surprise you to know that duplicate numbers do not mess up the formula. I tried it all different ways, did it on a calculator to be sure and it was right every time.

I didn't try the second one, had a little trouble understanding it, the first one made sense to me so that's what i'll go with.

Thanks for the reply, have a nice holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back