Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus 123 R5 and WinXP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspagna

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
US
I'm preparing to upgrade my Computers, and was wondering if anyone has successfully installed and used release 5 in Windows XP?

I have semi sucescusfully installed 123 5.0 on XP Professional. It works fine except the color palette (for styles, lines, and cell color choices) is invisible. The palette is there and works but all I see is a small outlined square that represents the cursor for the current
color choice. Clicking around this square changes the color, but without being able to see the color selected.

I have seen this on other boards but no solution yet.

I hvae Lotus 123 v 9.0 and 9.5 on Win XP Home and Pro and the color pallet works. I can not seem to use the scroll wheel on my MS mouse however... and that is frustrating. L123 tech says "we are working on it...'

I found the answer to the "pull down color pallette" problem at thread69-437781 !!!

All you have to do is right click on the desktop, choose properties, Appearance, then EFFECTS, then DISABLE the first one: "Use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips."

That fixed my 123V5 pulldown color chart problem immediately. Thank you Tek-Tips. I'm soooooooooo releived....

I was having the same problem with my Lotus 123 version 4.01 after finding this thread it fixed mine also.

Thanks, I have been looking for this fix for months.

my lotus 123(5.0 vision) can not work in windows xp home vision, any method can make it work? thank you very much.
frank

I have just brought new dell with XP. Have major 123r5 spreadsheet which i am desperate to use. Other spreadsheets seem to open ok but this one (over 100mg) returns message not responding and crashes lotus - any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back