Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lots of manual Cross tabs in one Report File ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kretzer

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
NL
Hi,

I finally managed to do a manual cross table allowing me to do conditional formating of the cells of this cross table.
My problem now is that I am advised to do more than one cross table in this report.

Just to get an idea:

There are maybe 15 different values which I do report in the cross-tab (15 rows) the coloums are some kind of business regions. The cross tab I already finished dislplays these 15 values for the 13 largest regional units.

The Thing is that I also shall do cross tabs for each of these 13 regions. As each of these 13 Busines units consists of several smaller units this seems to be logical. I also do have the data available which are needed.

I simply do not know how to do a second, a third... and so on cross table.

I did my first cross tab (the headings) in the page header and the values are displayed in a group.
So how can I repeat this for a second cross table or do I have to do e new file for each additional report? I mean if i add a second page header it will be inserted between the first and the group... it's not what I wanted...

Hopefully you could understand me..

Martin

Martin,
It may be easier to understand what you are trying to accomplish if you show how you want the end result to look.
In answer to your question, yes, you can do multiple crosstabs in one report. I have a report that has about 20 in a single report footer. (This report footer is about 8 inches long) I DO NOT recommend doing what I did, but I was just meeting the business requirements.

I want about 20 cross tabs in one report.
For each Table I would prefer a new page - so that it's easy to print them.
My problem is that if I start the second cross table it will destroy the layout of my first.
How do I tell Crystal that the new table is only allowed to appear on the second page?
Which area (page header/ side header) and so on do I have to insert additionally (in which order)to make this work?
Where shall I place the table header of the second table?

As I do these cross tables manually (the heading of the table is in the side header and the detail rows are the sum fields of groups) I did not get it to work.
I hope this was clearer now.
Martin

You can try inserting an additional report footer, placing the next crosstab in a report footer(report footer b) and placing the table header in report footer a. Format section report footer b and select new page after. Repeat with as many report footers as you need.

I'm not familiar with side headers, so don't know how it will work with side headers.

Have you considered adding a prompt for Business Unit to eliminate the number of crosstabs you need to create?

Dear Kretzer,

You might think of doing the following:

Create a stored procedure that returns data for each business unit (as in Unit, U1Column1, U1Column2, and so on) You would group by Unit for the business unit and then create formula for the rest of the columns, if Group Unit = 1 then U1Column1 else ....)

You could insert subreports for each unit and conditionally suppress based upon parameter (All Units, Unit1, Unit2) etc.

There are probably other options including using real crosstabs which are virtually unlimited....

ro
Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back