Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lot of noise when listen to IVR 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson2018

Technical User
Jan 15, 2018
JO
I just installed a new v10.1 IPOCC server and IPO500v2 10.1. When the call goes into IVR playing the wave file, it gets very bad noise and the speed does not sounds right either. It is not the wave file issue as I can hear it clearly from voicemail pro and I also tried the wave files coming with the IPOCC disk. The SIP extension to IPO is set to G711A & G711U as default.

Is the quality better if you listen to the exact same .wav file inside a default announcement instead of an IVR script?

Yes ... and when you listen to it internally (dial topic number locally) the announcement voice is very clear. This issues occur just when use it externally from IPO.

Thanks

It's a known issue.

A workaround is to import the .wav file as an announcement and then take the file it creates in C:\ProgramData\Avaya\IPOCC\VoiceFiles and use that in the IVR.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I try it but nothing change ...
The problem just when calling it from outside from inside the announcement is very clear .

Why don't you ask Bop2018, he strangely enough seems to have the exact same problem you have.... ;D

Unfortunately no ...
I think it's a network issue.

Thanks

Some times when dial topic number locally you can hear the añnouncement very clear..and some times not. But when calling from outside always the announcement voice is very poor and bad quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back