Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Unified Manager Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRWA

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2003
US
I can not access the unified manager. supervisor/visor does not allow me in. I can telnet into the BCM using supervisor/visor and admin/admin. But I can not access Unified Manager.

sounds like something wrong with your network settings then. do you have a light on your network card? if you are connecting directly to BCM with your laptop you need a crossover cable. make sure BCM and the laptop are on the same subnet. make sure you can ping the BCM

You say you cannot access the unified manager. Do you mean you cannot reach it at all or that your password does not work? Have you upgraded recently? What is your software level?
Check everything that Jdavid99 asked, and we can go from there.

NARSBARS

Thank you, everyone who replied. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I had to be out of the office.

The network setup is fine. I can telnet into the BCM from the network using supervisor/visor, admin/admin, ee_admin/eedge. However the passwords fail in Unified manager. We have installed a new Windows 2003 server as a domain controler. I was using unified manager to try to change the BCM network name and DNS settings so it would authorize on the 2003 box. After the BCM was rebooted it would not accept my password. Guess I dont understand why Unified Manager passwords are different than Telnet or console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back