Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Registration ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

carilisve

Technical User
Oct 25, 2002
VE
Hello to all.
I bought a box of ARCserve 2000 Adavanced Edition Intl upgrade, approximately 1 year ago. For all this time it was working perfectly. But my server had a serious failure of hardware and was necessary to reinstall all.
The document with the Registration ID is lost.
I called to the local office of CA to request them the Registration ID, but they tell me that me cannot help me because is a box and not an OLP.
I have the original invoice, the box, the serial number and five CA products.
I cannot believe that CA cannot helpme!
Please, ¿Someone would be able to help me?
How do I obtain the Registration ID again?
Where I can send a mail requesting the Registration ID ?
Thanks

Greetings,

If you have restored the Windows registry which included the product key for this, you can search the registry for "product" or "key" - one of the hits may be the one for the product key of this application.

Kindest regards,

James

Thanks James
The problem is that the server was installed like a new server, the Windows Registry is new. I can´t find any key now.
Right now, I have a trial of of ARCserve 2000 Adavanced Edition with this trial I can restore the data, but if I try to restore the old Windows Registry, may be the server have a crash
Any ideas?

Greetings,

First, make a backup copy of the "new" registry, for safety(!).

If you could restore the "old" registry somewhere and search it, you could copy/paste the relevant registry key from the "old" to the "new" registry.

Kindest regards,

James

all you need is the ca.olf file of the original server (it is located in the CA_LIC directory). If you are able to restore this file to the new CA_LIC directory then your licensing is OK.

regards

Of course! The ca.olf file!!!!
I´ll try.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back