Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs

MIS
Apr 6, 1999
US
A client has a PIX 506 for which they don't know the password. They had a falling out with their previous support person and never got the password. I've been through the docs, but didn't find a way to reset the box itself to factory defaults.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I know I will have to rebuild the configuration, but that's not a problem once I have access to the box.

Hello RJS,

Would you happen to know the version of IOS for the Pix 506? If it's the Pix Firewall version 6.0(1) I believe you just reload the IOS.

The reload command has been enhanced with the new option noconfirm. It permits the PIX Firewall without user confirmation.

Reboot the system:

Type: reload noconfirm

The PIX Firewall does not accept abbreviations to the keyword noconfirm.

Hope this helps, Good Luck,

SubNet7

The software version is 5.3. I think I finally found a doc on Cisco's site that provides a method to reset the password and doesn't even lose the config. I will give it a try as soon as the PIX gets here by courier.

P.S. The doc I found is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back