Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost password on 3com SuperStack II and 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

I have two 3com switches that I've lost the password to. One is a SuperStack II 3300, the other is a SuperStack 3 3300. I've tried the default login/passwords (admin/nopass, security/security, manager/manager, etc) on both of them with no luck.

Does anyone know of a way to recover a password or do a hardware reset so all settings are set back to the defaults? The 3com website says to contact them if this problem happens, but there's gotta be something that can be done.

Thanks in advance!

C

You might try seareching for "3300 password' in this form.

Here are some extracts that may help:
---------------------------------------------

HANDLE: worker99
POSTED ON: Dec 10, 2001

REPLY:
Try recover, recover as login and password.
Then reboot the switch within 30 seconds by powering it on/off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

HANDLE: paulj@lanpro.com
POSTED ON: Dec 27, 2001

REPLY:
Okay Guys and Gals, here is how to clear all those nasty passwords that nobody knows on the 3300's. The only bad thing is, you need another switch that you know the admin password to. So, here goes.

First, link up the two switches with a matrix cable and set an ip address on the good switch using the serial port so you can go in with a web browser. Then pull up the switch on the browser.

Second, click on the configuration icon on the left sidebar.

Third, click on the initialize hotlink in the top middle of the screen. To initialize the stack, click yes, then apply.

Everything except ip addresses will be set to 3Com defaults for all the switches in the stack, so be careful here.

Have Fun!!!!!!

paulj@lanpro.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HANDLE: Tech_Wannabe
POSTED ON: Jan 31, 2002

REPLY:
For switches try;

Username = debug
password = synnet

or

Username = tech
password = tech

These were some of the recovery passwords 3Com used on some of the 2000 and 3000 series switches.

============================================

Hi !

So I´ve got the same problem with my 3com SuperStack II 9300 (PID 3C93011).
Here is no way for any matrix-modul ! I couldn´t connect the cable. So what can I do now for the reset to factory settings ?
NO given password (above) will work ! And we lost the administrator password !

Please gimme some hint and/or solution !

Thx.

Andrew.

I test with username admin and password=<enter>. Its work for me.

connecting 3com router using Frame Relay to an ATM Cisco Router FRAME TO ATM

Okay, here you've got something that really works !
at the login, type the following:

Login: 3comcso (lower case)
Password: RIP000 (upper case)

Beware !!!!!
if you accept to reset to factory defaults, you're going to lose everything !!!!! previusly configured.

p.d.
sorry for my bad english I'm Latin

Hello All
I recently purchased 5 Superstack II NETBuilder switches and I need to reset them to factory defaults. Please send me a procedure

Hello All
I recently purchased 5 Superstack II NETBuilder 447 3C8447 switches and I need to reset them to factory defaults. Please send me a procedure

Hi !

Still I got similar probs ...

I´ve an 3com Superstack II 9300 2-LX/10-SX (3C93011) SWITCH.

My Problem is: I could not login to reconfigure. My pal is walk out around the world and the 3com-support is over, because the machine was bought from 2001, and it´s to old since registration (just 2-year-free-support-help).
They gave me the offer to pay lot of money for help me here. - No thanks ! I haven´t !

Here are all my tried backdoors w/o effect (used serial-console):

adm/(none)
admin/synnet
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
admin/nopass
debug/synnet
write/synnet

... always &quot;incorrect password&quot; !
--------------
and:

root/(blank)
root/manger
security/(blank)
security/security
manager/manager
recover/recover
tech/tech
monitor/monitor
3comcso/RIP000
force/force

... always &quot;.. is not a valid access level&quot;

and here is NO reset-button on my machine ...

Maybe anyone got a quick idea ?! The delivered handbooks (the customer+admin handbooks) have no details for this case...

Does anyone have any idea or answer ?!

Greetings,

Phil (cloonie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back