Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOST Password for a brocade 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello i bought a brocade 2400 second hand and dont have the password. is there somebody out there who can help chrissie.wilhelm@gmx.de thx kewitz

did you try the ussual password?

user: admin
password: password

Cheers.

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

There are backdoors to doing this but it is illegal for anyone to give you this information as it is a security risk. I would contact Brocade direct and see if they can assist you in cracking the unit.

As a hint, just ask them for the "root" password.

hello i contacted brocade but i bougth the unit second hand and there is no owner transfer possible in there database, so i cant get the hack. thx kewitz

You need to get a file from Brocade (or somewhere) called passwd.default and copy it onto the switch while the switch is booted into a special mode. There are a few more details to it than that, but if you can get the file, repost, and I'll help you with the rest privately.

-FourAces

hello do you have a clue where i can find the file (chrissie.wilhelm@gmx.de)

I am not sure where you would obtain this file, except from Brocade. You may try finding a SAN Administrator using a 2400 that is under service by Brocade. Anyone fitting this description should be able to obtain the file and procedure. I use 3900s and 12000s in my fabrics.

-FourAces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back