Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Password for a BCM200

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCMIPTECH

Vendor
Oct 30, 2008
US
Recently we acquired two BCM200 with no passwords to log in. We are aware to a procedure called reemerging, but never witness one done. Is there a reset button that will erase the customer data?

Not on a 200 or 400, just the 50's and 450's. If it's running release 4.0, Nortel can get in it and reset the password. Probably easiest and fastest to reimage the drives assuming you don't care about the data on them. The BIT guide is in the BCM docs.

every thing is wiped.
Its like getting a new hard drive with only the bcm sofware on it

Do you know the IP address's? If not, then I've done a FAQ that could help you get the Site ID and IP address for your BCM's. At least you could then find someone who is able to get you keycodes should you need to have them.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

BIV343

How can we reset our password on a BCM50 Rel 1.0?

After I pressed the reset button for ten or more seconds, this system did not respond (no blinking lights) two steady green lights. is something wrong with my system?

Doing a level 2 reset is a pain to get it to work. My advice is to power off the BCM 50 and remove the cover by undoing the 4 screws underneath the unit, because the reset button is easy to see when you have to press the button.

Just be careful when doing this and be ready to wait a good hour or more for it to revert to a previous release!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back