Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost partition after unknown activity, is data recovable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumata

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
MX
Hi, i have a 80 gb ibm hard drive, with various partitions, the logical partitions went lost, the primary not, is there a way to recover data from the lost partition space, so i can remake the partitions?

There are a number of usefull recovery tools on the net, but some are crap and can write to the disk and destroy your data. Care is required !.

Try if in doubt, they are good at recovering data and have been very good in the past when i was in a similar crisis.

Actually, the guy who initiated the thread is my friend. I am the guy with the problem. Ive already tried some applications. Virtual Lab worked great, but its way too expensive to pay for.. Acronis RecoveryExpert seemed to work too, but cant try it. Anyone has any other commentary??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back