Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost my Modem? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyjohn

Technical User
Nov 5, 2001
GB
Hey all,
Ive booted up my laptop today and I have lost all my dialup settings. When I tried to re-instate them the add dialup wizard states that I have no modem installed. I click okay to add and when it brings up the add modem wizard, The drop down to select my country is blank, so it wont proceed. Also when I check computer manager or device manager it wont allow me to see the properties of any devices. Then when I try to shut device manager it tells me to close all property windows first. I have to force it to end with task manager. I have a virus checker installed and it seems clear. Any ideas?

John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Hiya,

Have you tried rebooting the laptop? If that doesnt do anything, Log off, log in as administrator and check the dial up settings on the administrator login.

Failing that, try booting up into "Last known good configuration"

Gimme a shout if you have any problems

- Graeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back