Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost my dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlamo

MIS
Mar 14, 2007
US
Over the course of the last 6-7 days I had to relocate an office. My Avaya 406 was down for a couple of days pretty much a long weekend; 3 days. When I moved the system and brought it back up it appears that the Management Console no longer sees the Dongle. All my licenses are now "Invaild". I haven't tried reseating the Dongle yet because I am back home (500 miles away) and I will have someone from that site reseat it but I wanted to check and see if there was a proceedure I could do remotely to have the Manager serch for the dongle.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have tried a reboot, no sucess. It's the little red USB dongle. I even tried pointing the actual PC IP address in the License Server IP Address field instead of the broadcast IP. I think I'm going to have to have someone reseat it. Should I power down the Machine for that?

USB ports are funny beasts, for example installing a device on one port doesn't always install the drivers for the other ports, try having them change the USB port to the one it was originally in or hasn't it moved :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

There is a little icon at the bottom of the screen on the licence machine it'll be solid red rectangle if it can see the dongle and I think white with an X if it doesn't. You should always pin the IP address down if possible rahter than leave at broadcast and a power down isn't usually required for re-seating :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Sorry for the triple post, but I would also arrange a licence swap to a serial dongle if possible to save this kind of malarky :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Hey no worries on the triple post, just glad for the help/advice. Working on reseating the Dongle; I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

if you plugged the dongle in before the feature key server was installed then it might have taken the wrong drivers (rainbow usb drivers) then you need to uninstall the drivers repair install the feature key server and then plug it back in.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Remove the usb dongle. uninstall feature key server, then reinstall with the dongle out after feature key server is reinstalled replace the dongle it should now find the key and install the drivers. Same process if you upgrade the manager software on the feature key server.

ok, ran a repair on the Feature Key Server and the Dongle is back!

Thanks guys for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back