Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost mouse after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmwtech

Technical User
Jan 18, 2004
US
I have a couple of machines I'm working on that both have lost the mouse pionter after I forced them to shut down. When restarted it just wasn't thier no matter what I've tried. In safe mode its there but not on normal boot. has anyone ever had this happen?
lmwtech

Did you check the check the Device Manager, BIOS, looked for IRQ conflicts, reinstalled the drivers?

It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.

In addition to the suggestions given, since this happened on 2 machines that you were working on, what did you do just before this happened?

Is it possible they have a virus?

You might also go to device manager in safe mode, expand Mice, and remove all entries, reboot.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back