Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtslabs

Technical User
Aug 20, 2007
US
I have a Meridian 8x24-DS system that I lost access to Line 1.
I have tone at the terminal block feeding the connector going into the
system.
I have tried rebooting the system with no luck.
When I select line 1 the get a short pause then a busy signal and the
message "Already joined"
I am not sure what to check next.

Never seen that before. Just grasping at straws, but try shutting down system, pull the card out, and restart. Once up, shut down again, reseat card, and power back up.

Is this a Caller ID card? If so, I have had to replace several of them on systems that lost the line ports.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

8X24 have 8 L/S card built in to it. The port went bad move it to a line port that is not being used reprogram the phones with it and rename the line.

Have you tried f*0 on your line 1 button? Even if the port is bad, you should never see "already joined".

With F*0 I get 001 then my number. I hit show and it says "not redirected"

I am going to try and put it on a different port as cook1082 suggested.

Well, I moved the physical wires to Line 4 and was able to get that working. It assigned the line 4 to a different button on my phone. I removed Line 1 and now with F*0 that button is blank.

How can I move the line 4 back to the button where line 1 was originally?

Maybe the line is frozen....try removing the cross-connect wire, then replacing it. works when the line is frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back