Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOST/FRUSTRATED/CONFUSED 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocheace

Vendor
Oct 31, 2002
US
Everyone,

How do you deal with a new boss? What I mean by that is... If the executive positions have a high turnover ratio in a particular company...how do you deal with the different personalities and prove yourself all over again?

I'm at a point where my reputation precedes me and I don't feel as if I need to prove myself. I am rather young to hold a management position, my counter-parts in different cities and different organizations are at least 10-15 years older. The managing partner for our office has hired his successor in preparation of his departure within the next year or so. This successor doesn't think much of me and quite frankly seems to be cutting me out of the picture. He provides no guidance and leardership. He constantly steps on my toes and due to this, I feel as if I've lost some of the respect of my employees.

I no longer feel as if I'm the department head nor am I looked upon in that way. A lot of my responsibilities he has taken on (Why??? I don't know)and I'm left with nothing to do. I've had a conversation with this gentlemen and the answers to the question's I've had have been very vague. I'm going to speak with the current managing partner and express my concerns and see where that leads me.

I have an excellent package (salary + incentives). I can do what I want, come in when I want, ect ect. Any normal person would think that that's the ideal job. That may be the ideal job but it does nothing for my career. After all of my rambling I guess I confused myself (This forum is my therapy :eek:)). Should I continue to get as much experience as possible and eventually move on? Or should I continue to communicate my frustrations with the ever changing senior management/executive team?

Say 'ello..... to my little friend!

Wow! KHz, that was awesome. I can't even remember what I wrote in these forums yesterday, and you can remember 2 years ago? What kind of memory enhancement do you use? I sure want to start using it!

tfg13,

That memory enhancement is called "User Profile", and you can start using it.

Click on your handle (or "My Info" link in the upper left corner), and you will be able to find every thread that you started or answered in each forum (well, only those that were not deleted, of course). Just click on those blue numbers in the cells of the table or in the text.

Yours is here:

This situation isn't something that I conjured up. Then again, this is the internet, and anything\everyone has the possibility of not being what it\they supposedly say they are.

Anyway, whether this is a new position or an old one is irrelevant. The purpose of the post was to get some feedback based upon the LIMITED information that I provided. If I needed to expound to get the answer that I wanted I would (As was done in the past). If I say that I was able to glean the answer from these post...whose to say it isn't true? As far as the post "Not going in the right direction"....need I say more???

The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth.

Kocheace said:
As far as the post "Not going in the right direction"....need I say more???

Well.... no, not if you want more specific advice that is actually going in the right direction.

If any of us were helpful, I'm glad that it was some help. If not, well, the rest is simply up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back