Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Font for an old PageMaker-file

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbuss

Programmer
Oct 22, 1999
DE
Hi!

The font I need is called HELV .

I need it for an old PM3-file (containing >500 pages!).

Does anyone can help me?

Greets
M. Buss

mbuss,

HELV isn't just an abbreviation for Helvetica is it? If so helvetica is on all Macs and most PCs. Maybe you can use that and just see if the text reflows.

squeaky [thumbsup2]

Unless you have the font from the original source disk, you may have to experiment with other fonts for substitution. There are literally hundred's od thousands of fonts available, and your chance of finding one that is probably 6 or 7 years old like that will be difficult.

A quick search on fonts.com for helv gave me a hundred varieties of helvetica... and I suspect that helv is helvetica or a variant.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

CAUTION on substitutions. AND bookmarks, hyperlinks and index entries. They all take up a finite amount of space space or different for substitutions. I have seen a very tightly laid-out line suddenly flow on to the next with index &/or hyperlink. And then the pesky layout order seems to change or the new line length "just" tucks under a graphic. I have 420 pages across several books and trying to rationalise styles etc this is a nightmare once you go for it.

Invest in sharp eyesite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back