Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Drivers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrdsoc

Technical User
Dec 23, 2005
US
I reinstalled windows on my computer and in doing so managed to lose the drivers to my sound and video cards, as well as my wireless internet card. I have none of the disks because the computer was given to me as a gift, so is there a program or anything available to figure out what kind of cards I have in order to find the drivers I need in order to get them to work again. Any help would be great!!

byrdsoc,

This might help but I think it polls win for much of it's info. Give it a try.

Belarc Advisor

Your cards as a last resort, you can open the pc and the mfg will printed on the card either front or back, at a minimum if they are generic, you can peruse the chips to determine the "chipset" used on the card. i.e. a generic NIC might hava a reltek chip on it. and the drivers usually are also generic to the chip.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

I would suggest Lavalys Everest Home, though discontinued by Lavalys on the 5th Dec. 2005, it is still DL from (
It will recognize HARDWARE and give you a LINK to the Manufacturers Website where to obtain the Driver...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Depending on the mfg, you may be able to go to the pc mfg's website and find the model number of the pc and d'l the necessary drivers. For example with Dell, you can enter the service code and find drivers for all the original hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back