Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost connection to server, exiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWvictim

Technical User
Oct 25, 2005
RU
Hello!
Some of my backup save sets was not finished and reports following error: lost connection to server, exiting.
Increasing number of attempts and group timeout doesn't help.
How can I solve my problem?

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you have firewalls such as CheckPoint Firewall 1 ?? If yes, you must specify a variable such as NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT with a value.
Also, you need probably to increase the service ports range and connection ports range to connect to the NetWorker server.
You will find all informations about lost connection to server on this technical bulletin:

Thanks,
Best regards,

Marc

Thanks to all, but NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT doesn't help.
Additional info: in /nsr/logs/daemon.log on client following message appears: nsrexecd: Recvd signal to kill process group - pid=-24639, sig=2
and then save exits with "lost connection to server, exiting". Any suggestions?

This error could be caused by a number of issues but all of them are network related. I would look at the flow control of the NIC cards. Make sure that the speed is not auto-negotiated.

Thanks to all, problem solved.
it was a strange bug in stateful firewall between client and server. Sometimes it "forgets" state and sends tcp rst (it was configured default after all stateful rules). After receiving tcp rst packet client write(2) finished with broken pipe and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back