Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost connection to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiusa

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Hello everyone. This is first posting. So please forgive me asking basic question.
---
I set up Windows2003 small business server recently. The other day I bought Linksys WRV54G to put VPN capability. I had internet connection until yesterday. But suddenly I lost connection. When I connect my laptop to router's port I can connect the internet, but from server no connectivity.
I went thru "connect to the internet" several time, but failed. I am using Verizon DSL (PPPoE), 2 NIC
192.168.1.106 (local) 192.168.1.110 (network) 192.168.1.1 (default gateway, & router address) dns server 192.168.1.106
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Thank you for your reply.
The subnet is 255.255.255.0

What happens when you ping the Linksys from the server?

That part actually puzzled me a lot.
The local address of router (Linksys) is 192.168.1.1
When I ping router (192.168.1.1) from server, the address were unreachable. It that normal?

Can you ping any other systems from the server in question? Do you have link lights on the servers nic(s)? Have you verified the the patch cables are good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back