Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost connection due to pdc reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimvanherp

Programmer
Mar 3, 2001
BE
As Anyone seen this before ?
When I reboot the PDC of our network, there is one fileserver (no BDC) that is not anymore accessible for other computers. Yes, there are more BDC's on the network and I have seen the problem on a computer where the logonserver was not the PDC. When I tried to make a network connection to that server I got the message back that this was a invalid username/password.

regards

Wim Vanherp Wim Vanherp
Wim.Vanherp@myself.com

Could be that that server has a flaky trust with the domain and isn't listed in the copies of the SAM that the BDC's have. In the same way that domains can have trust relationships with each other, ever server has a trust to the domain controllers. Have you been having any errors in your event logs related to synchronization? I'm thinking you might try removing and re-adding that member server from/to the domain and doublechecking for synch-related errors.

ShackDaddy

I reboot the server and clicking network neighborhood, I cannot browsing any computer but the other computer oritself can ping the server. Sometime this problem recovery automatically, sometime it last for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back