Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Captured Print Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayaya

MIS
Nov 17, 1999
US
We have a problem occur in our shop. We are using IntranetWare 411, Windows 95 and NetWare Client 32 for Win95 v2.50.0. The problem is the users always lost their captured print queue once they logout form the LAN and login back next day. The &quot;Reconnect on next login&quot; box have been checked. However, this problem will suddenly disappear for a while by doing nothing to that and they come back again sometime later [may be a few weeks later]!!! Did anyone here have the same experience or has any idea what's the cause of this problem is.<br>
Thanks in advance.<br>
Rdgs.. Derek

I have seen this happen before. The best workaround I have had success with is to capture the printers in a login script. If printing gets messed up, they should be able to log back in to recapture the queue. You won't have to worry about going to each workstation to set up printers, you can setup capture by groups with &quot;If member of ...&quot;. Make sure to use the needed switches in the capture statement (nb nff nt nnoti, etc). Also use @\\server\.. format instead of #capture format

yes, I agree with HAMER a login script is definetely the most reliable way to go. Also by the way for your information: client32 ver 2.x is not Y2K ready according to novell. Version 3.x is. I use Version 3.1 and it is alot better anyway. You can download it for free from support.novell.com<br>
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back