Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost all sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeg1

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I just came back from fishing and find that I no longer have any sound ! All the wires are on but outside of that,no one is talking. It looks like the player is running but not a note. I have more than one player and they all act the same. Worked fine before I left . Steve

Checked device manager to see if anything reported for sound device?

You could try setting 'reset configuration data' to yes in the bios (this solved a similar problem for me - presume the sound card IRQ assignment had got lost or something).

I don't show any CD/DVD in "My Computer" ?

I have noticed a little bug in Windows where sometimes the sound somehow gets reversed; for example if you look at the checkbox on the volume where it says "mute" it may be clear, but the computer thinks it's set to mute. Sometimes simply checking that box, clicking on the desktop, then unchecking that box resets the sound.
Otherwise, your sound devices my have somehow gotten changed up in the control panel settings for sound. Of course, also make sure the speakers are plugged into the proper jacks, and that they are turned up..(I have overlooked those things in the past)

The more I learn, the more I know I don't know enough.
<order>chicken w/garlic sauce combo</order>
For those about to rock, we salute you.
NO DISASSEMBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back