Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost All Companion BStns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arr

Vendor
Oct 24, 2001
CA
MICS XC 5.0, analog lines, 1 trk mod, 1 stn mod, 6 companion BS's, 1 2 port exp card, Flash 4, and and RPI.

Needed to put more stations onto system so shut the system off this eve to put in a 6pt exp card to slot 2. Stn mod went in bottom port, trk mod went in top pott. Everything came up OK except there was NO companion. Nothing seen in maint. No error codes. Just nothing. BS lights were solid green and solid red. RPI voltage fine and TCM connected fine just like before. This is a Canadian system ( I hope) ... that is I didn't see any "credit" settings for UTAM codes.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

Arr

"..second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.."

VVV

Solved. Companion not connected to port 7 or 8.

Doh!

Arr

VVV

Not bad. Only 45 min troubleshooting. It usually takes me about an hour before something finally goes "ding".

We've only got 1 Companion left in service. I'll be happy when we can replace it.

Funny... I saw a Base Station on CSI Vegas in the lab last week, it was put chest height on a column.

Will still use them in our office with an Option 11, but we have our own repair/refurbishing for Companions and sets.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

I am sorry that there's no companion anymore. The product finnally got to be good and then whammo! Imagine what companion would have been like with another few years of developement! Oh well, at least there's still a few more years of support left. Wonder what will happen to the Mobility handsets with the Nortel face plant?

Cheers
Arr

VVV

at least there's still a few more years of support left" Actually no. The Companion portfolio is End-of-Life. You won't get any support for it from Nortel.

gwebster,

There is still full support from agencies other than Nortel. Repairs and info are all still very available.. in Canada anyway. This forum is a good example of tech support. A search of past posts on Companion brings up all kinds of interesting things.

Cheers
Arr

VVV

True. I can only think that this will be the only support we'll see anymore.

Nortel Bankrupt?

I rather suspect some smart business will buy up Norstar and then take it where it should have gone instead of that bloated thing they call BCM.

Arr

VVV

The BCM has actually become a good product. We don't have much trouble out of the many that we service. Nortel will be stronger than before after they restructure.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back