Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost access to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddymet

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
I am having trouble with my computer. I recently hooked up a Linksys router to my two computers. The second computer is running Win2000. I now have trouble gaining access to it. I cant erase files,or add programs. I cant even look at my system in control panel. It says that I dont have access to those functions. I never had that problem before.It might be just a coincidence that it happened after I connected the router because I dont use that second computer often and it was over 2 weeks until I tried to erase files on that computer...HELP...

Are you logging onto Win2000 machine with the Administrators account? (with all rights & permissions)

Yes-I put that the computer assumes admin is signing on and I put my password in. I never had this problem before.

Is there any way I could check to see if the settings are correct-I was even able to change the admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back