Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost access to IP Office 500 v2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2012
US
Hi All,

It's been a week now, and 3 more I might loose all my hair pulling them! Please Help! We have an IPO500 V2 in one of our School in the district. We ask our ISP to give us NAT address for our system so we can access it remotely, but of course It didnt work as planned. Now I tried opening all the ports in the firewall profile by setting all of them "bothways" and then saved and reboot. Now, we cannot access the system even locally (192.168.42.1)"Network error. Failed to communicate with IP Office" we are completely locked out. We made a backup config on our first install. What steps you recommend to Restore our system from backup?

A. Default the System using the DTE port, then Restore, or...
B. Load Config directly on to SD Card.

Thank you All,

I feel you are going about this all wrong.

1) Opening up the IPO to the internet (unless you secure the firewall and the IPO) you will be hacked inside a few weeks.
2) If possible use a VPN connection to manage your IPO
3) If possible use a remote pc with Logmein installed to manage your IPO

If you are unsure what to do, please avoid the DTE port. This is for experienced techs
Try powering off the IPO.
Remove it from the network and attach a laptop directly to it.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

I have recently had issues where Manager on my laptop will no longer talk to a particular IP500V2. What I found was that I had to hold the reset button on the back of the V2 until the orange light starting flashing. Once the system came back up, I was able to talk to it again and load my config.

Thank you all for your advice.Yes I agree that opening the IPO to the internet is dangerous, and will now be reverse, if only we could access it. Any suggestion on what route should I take in restoring the original config? A or B? does any one perform A before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back