Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loss of IP connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmine31

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2008
GB
Hi
we have an SMG 2 shelf running rel 5
At approx 0810 to 0825 hrs the second shelf MGC card (4 1) will re boot its self with the msg "lost ip connection to primary call server" (which i take to mean the CS on the CS1K ?) we put in a separate cisco switch between the CLAN and the SMG to log where the disconnection occurs and it always points to the SMG.
the MGC has been replaced, all loadware and patching are upto date on CS1K and the SMG.
there is only a FALC and a DGLC card in this chassis.

I have observed the reboot and nothing in the enviroment appears to be causing this. Customer reports no data issues on their network.
I wondered whether the other MGC (in 4 0 ) or the local CS could be causing this issue, but can't see how.

anyone any ideas?

Every day? When did it start? Did someone program MGC 4-1 to register to the SMG CS instead of the Primary CS (at the main CS1000) and this is about the time an EDD runs or another backup rule?

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

Hi
We dont know when it first occurred as it was only spotted when we looked into another issue with surviability, which was a CLAN issue.
It doesnt happen every day (or so we have been told) but it is at least 5 days aweek.
The MGC 4-1 is programed to reg to the primary site and there is no auto EDD rule set at this time.

At a complete loss on this one, surely its not a "feature" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back