Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loss of Group Paging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRONE2

Technical User
Dec 18, 2003
US
What's symptom of possible bad battery backup? Current Processor (3.1) has had history of power outages, but system usually comes back up all ok. It's now reported that Feature *71 doesn't work as well as individual pages to assigned stations. Am I missing something else? Is there an upgraded processor that would work that might have card backup? Thanks

Yeah, sounds like your system has lost its memory and is at the default settings. Is the clock wrong also? Have someone note what the display says, cycle the power off and on, and see if the display says Jan 1.

The only "upgrade" is to replace with an ACS, which has 2-AAA batteries to maintain the progrmming during a power failure, as well as a backup/restore card to restore the programming in the case of the batteries being dead during a power failure as well.

Other than that, if you're brave, and handy with a soldering iron, you can replace the nicad battery in your current processor......

Ok..I can solder but it obviously makes more sense to upgrade to ACS. The existing configuration: SLOT1 (206 E R3.0), SLOT2 (206 R3.1), SLOT3 (Processor 3.1), SLOT4 (206 R2.0), SLOT5 (206E R4.1) Would I be able to upgrade seemlessly to ACS? What's the current release? Thanks again

Since the ACS has 8 Extention ans 3 lines on the processor you would have to move around the extention and line cords. The latest release of the ACS is R6

If the existing Partner 3.1 has 7 of the 8 available line inputs used (I have four 206 's), then how is that going to be affected by the new ACS R 6.0 with its own 3 line and 8 extension connections?

By the way...This is probably the best forum I have ever found with such a GREAT number of individuals with A LOT of GOOD advice! Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

The ACS will become lines 1-3 and stations 10-17, then your corresponding lines and stations will change.

Thanks to telprog, ttech and of course TouchToneTommy!!! I failed to see ttech's reply before I initiated question about migrating from R3.1 to ACS R6.0. But does anyone have information about the question about 5-slot carrier?

Thanks
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back