Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loss of control process ifind.exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufo8mydog

Technical User
Jun 8, 2008
AU
Hey there,

I've been tearing my hair out trying to solve this issue. I've installed the Commvault 7.0 iDA on approximately 30 hosts, unix and windows.

On two of the Unix hosts i receive this error:

Loss of control process ifind.exe. Possible causes: 1. The control process has unexpectedly died. Check dr watson log or core file <etc>

Both the Commserve and the iDA's are running SP3 with all the updates. I can also right click the two hosts and 'Check Connectivity' comes up fine.

I've reinstalled the iDA several times on each machine and verified their /etc/hosts files. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I know there was a previous thread on this exact issue but it didn't help me much.

I am getting the same exact error trying to back a linux server. Any ideas from anyone would be helpful?

try checking the commserve entry on the host

/etc/Comvaultregistry/Galaxy/Instance001
Commserve
.properties

The Commvault Registry on Linux / Unix is a set of Files that you can edit

recycle the services after making any changes

Galaxy (start stop restart status)

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

I had the same problem. It seems that it occured because after installing our clients we'd renamed them (adding a Vm to the front of the client name so they kinda sorted in the gui to separate vm's from normal pc's). What i ended up doing was reverting the name of the client back to the very basic default and THEN doing the upgrade. It seems to have worked.

Armchair Jedi ~ So dense light bends around him ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back