Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loss of control process ExTiMBStartBackup.exe error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFStorageTech

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2008
US
Got this error today on all my exchange servers. Does any one know how to fix?

Thanks

Sam

Need way more info, it will also be in the logs why its not happy.

It happens only to the mailbox backups. The Database's are fine. Where would these logs be located.

Right click on the failing job and select View Logs, alternatively right click on the Mailbox Agent within the Client, select View and then Backup History. At the filter dialog, press OK. You will now have a list of jobs, right click on a failed job, and select View Logs.

Most of the contents of the log will be irrelevant, however keep an eye out for any instances of FAILED. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what is causing the issue.

I did not have anything that said failed. I ended up talking with a CommVault Tech and sent him my logs. He noticed that the job was just dropping at a certain location each time it ran. They have been having a problem with 7.0 SP5. They have a patch called 1288 - Property Fetch Failure Fix

This cleared all my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back