Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loss connection while running a Clipper batch under NT4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roti

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2001
HK
We recently moved our in-house system (Clipper 5.3) from Novell 3.12 to Windows NT4.0. Our dayend batch prgrams which do a lot of data processing encounter the following error : Unrecoverable error 416: Read error on overlay file
(b)INITHANDL$ (0) Unrecoverable error 24: Write error
This device does not exist on the network. reading drive I
Abort, Fail?
When we aborted the program, we found the drive is still there. This error happens quite often, but not all the time. We are using service pack 5 and clients are Windows 95. Any idea?

Would it be possible for you to post the batch file contents? I'm not sure I can help, but I do have some experience with Clipper under NT.

Thanks WOZ. The problem seems not from the codes as the program has been run in Novell for several years. Also it works sometimes. Anyway, the involved codes are :

* CHECKING THE IN RECORD *
PROCEDURE H04INEX

IF IN->INTYPE = 'G' && CONVERT THE GODOWN VALUE
T_GODOWN = 'Y'
ELSE
T_GODOWN = 'N'
ENDIF
T_DELVQTY = IN->DELVQTY
T_INSTAT = IN->INSTAT

SELE INSUM
SEEK IN->(SUPPSHORT+CUSTID+MGTDEPTID+ ;
INTSSNID+LEFT(DTOS(INDT),6)+MERCHID+ ;
PRODTYPE)+T_GODOWN+IN->(DEPTID+CHFDEPTID)
IF FOUND() && RECORD EXIST
H03UPDT(T_INSTAT,mINSUM,T_DELVQTY) && UPDATE THE VALUE AT SUMMARY DATABASE
ELSE
DO H02APNW && APPEND A NEW RECORD TO INSUM
H03UPDT(T_INSTAT,mINSUM,T_DELVQTY)
ENDIF

RETURN

What RDD are you using?
I've some troubles with CDX on Windows (any) and i didn't try other than the NTX wich is functional on Windows environments

I am using the default RDD, DBFNTX. I don't have any problems in client side before (any Windows version) when I was still using Novell, until we changed to NT server.

I have a very small clipper program that I use to excute a dialing program that works well on a win 98 workstation but it does not work on a NT workstation. Can anyone help with this problem.

I get a bad command or file name when it tries to excute the following line:

!rasdial95

Thanks,

We are having a similar problem using FoxPro 2.6x DOS and Windows NT. So far our problem in one situation has been resolved by a 3Com update to their network cards. But so far other manufacturer network card updates have not solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back