Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

losing speech with IP-Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

big70

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
NL
We have connected a S8700 and a small-office 2.1(27).

When calls a comming true the Bri-trunk and put the calls on hold or transfer the calls everything works.

But when ther are calls comming true the ip-Trunk and the calls are put on hold or transferd we lose the speech.

In the monitor it says VCM-channel disconnected but the signaling is still there.

I think its a setting in the S8700 but can,t find it.
sombody a hint!!

Greets Peter

It lookes to me that the S8700 also parks the call and frees up the VCM channel if you want to retrieve the line on the IP Office the S8700 does not have a call anymore.
Only way to find out is with a H.323 trace on both machines.

I experienced something similar last year, but it was a Definity rather than S8700 (nearly the same thing). The link, between the two system, was via an exsisting data network. My issue was;

User from Definity calls a user on the IPO. IPO press hold key, wait say 2 seconds and press hold again. In this situation, you should get the caller back, but you dont. Call status on the IPO shows it's connected, but there's no speach path. Is this the same problem?

To help your support team to resolve this issue, run monitor trace and have EVERYTHING switch on, at the same time, run a "trace station" on the definity. It would also be useful to have Sniffer Pro or EtherReal running at the same time. I believe EtherReal is a free network monitor program you could download for free. Set the programs to monitor the IP address of your IPO and the CLAN card.

In the mean time, I will search for the config that resolve this issue.

Routermad

Yes its like that but also when we are transfering a call.

This week im trying to buildt the same settings at the office, every input is welcom.

Greets Peter

The same problem. AVAYA recommend to exclude direct IP-IP and shuffling both on definity and IP-office.
Didn't try yet, may be it will help. IPO 2.1 (24)

Built the same configuration at the office with a S8300 (communication manager 1.3.1 and 1.3.2) and a small-officce and a IP403 software 2.0(16) and 2.1(27).
Every first call from S8300 to IP-Office i can transfer, but every second call i put in transfer or hold i lose the speach.

In call-status i see the call is active and in status trunk in S8300 it say,s connected.
Why one call everything works and other call i lose speech.

Strange!!!

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back