Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

losing patience 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm a consultant working at a client site, and there's an employee who annoys the hell out of me when he laughs. It isn't that he laughs, it's that he laughs so loud you can hear him several cubicle rows away, even if you have headphones on. On top of that, there isn't any Web application development for me to do, either. Oy vey.

There's talk of me having my contract extended, but I just want to get out of here ASAP.

Man, I never knew there were so many of you who have annoying idiots in your workplace. It kinda makes me feel a bit more like I work in a 'normal' workplace. Theres a guy I just CANT stand who works in an area next to me. Hes a major square who makes it sound like hes destroying his keyboard when he types. REAL ANNOYING. We have an office radio tuned into a local station, and this guy always whistles through his teeth to pretty much all the songs. EVEN MORE ANNOYING. Im about to go berserk. He's a total dope with a huge chip on his shoulder(nothing to back it up either, he doesnt know anything) and major communication problems too. Guess Im using this space to vent a little. --laterzz!

There are annoying idiots everywhere, so any time you have a group of people you will find some.

Everywhere you work you will find annoyances and nonsense. If you leave looking for another place that's "sane" odds are you'll be dissappointed and have to continue looking. The "sane" places are few and far between. The best you can do is find a place where it's particular nonsense happens to occur in an area that butts up against a strong area of your own personality instead of a weak one. That way you can stand it.

In the meantime, drink heavily and daydream about going postal [machinegun] (Do NOT actually do it though!!!) ;-)
Jeff
Working in IT is like trying to commit suicide with a very small hammer ....

wreikun,
I think theat Jack Herbert said it best:
A chip on the shoulder indictes that there is wood higher up.

Scott Adams does draw the Truth with his Dilbert comic strip. There are folks out there that can be hazardous to your career, health and sanity, and his strip shows them and their "little ways". A Dilbert strip that bears on your daily situation posted where all can see can do wonders.

-hal

Hey Hal10K. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find some Dilbert comic strips on the net, would you? I think I'll look for the appropriate one, blow it up to a nice poster size, and put it on the wall next to my desk. =)

See how that works out.

--REI--

I have worked as a contractor in several offices and my solution to the annoying noise is to bring in my CD Player and several of my favourite BLUES cd's and just work away with my headphones on.

I don't bother no one and no one bothers me. If someone asks me why I am doing this...I simply explain it helps me concentrate on my work when there is a lot of background noise.

yeah...

"me...my baby...and the BLUES".... sing it Charlie M. :)

Jim Broadbent

so weird to read these..havent gotten this far before. but we have a lady in the office with that same (diff pitch i suppose) laff. we printed up those signs...like no smoking with circle and line thru, and cackling in the circle, oddly enuff, she found it funny. needless to say, the cackle continues. sometimes you have to just tell yourself at least they arent spittin in the trash or chronic nose pickers. i've worked a long time, know from experience things could be worse.....so be careful what u wish for....me...im gonna hang with jim and musselwhite....he has the all time best solution so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back