Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

losing page setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I set up a report to print using 3 rows per column, with specific width and height mesurements for col & row spacing, to get it to comform with the labels I'm working with.

When I close the report it asks to save changes, and I do. When I re-open it, it looks correct with all the settings I entered. If I close it, it doesn't ask to save changes. Now, if I open it again all the formatting is gone!! We are back to the default page settings with one row per column, etc... This is really annoying!!

Is this how its supposed to work? How can I save the page settings so that whenever I open the report it is used? More than one machine will be using this db, will the page setup have to be set manually on the other PCs?

Thanks.

You could always hard code it in vb or behind the report but most of the time you can change a control, setup your page, fix the control then resave the report. Access is funny like that you have to have change in order to be saved. I think your best bet is hardcode behind the report! I can expect anything and everything of myself;
But can only accept or reject what you have to offer!

could you be more specific, what do you mean by hardcode behind the report? How would the vb look like, or where could I find resources to learn the API? And when you say 'control' what are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back