Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlarry

Instructor
Oct 10, 2000
US
I am a user...not a network expert but generally knowledgable of the basics. I am on a classroom network of 30 machines running NT4 and connecting to server. We do not turn machines off at night. The instructor machine is logged on with administrator password. The machine is losing connection to the server overnight. It need to be rebooted every morning to reconnect. None of the other machines (not logged in as administrators) do this. What's happening and how can I correct it.

You meant all the machines were logged on to the NT domain the night before and all of them looses connection to the domain the next day?

Anyway on connection lost, there could be a number of reasons. For your case, you would probably like to look into. User's properties-logon hours in your usrmgr.

DHCP IP lease duration could be the cause as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back