Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing it - wrap text around div 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacster

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
US
I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in a search, so...

I need the text to wrap around the div here on the right (with the image)

And for some reason I'm not getting it. Point me, please.

Thanks,
donna

Its never going to wrap.

You have the text and the image in 2 different divs.
Divs are rectangular, that means what you basically have there are two independent columns.

You need to put the image inside the div that holds the text so the text can wrap around it.

Float the image, and add a bit of margin to it.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

And the div is nested.
Exactly. The example has the floated box nested inside the <div> with the text in it. Your page has the floated box as a sibling of the text box.

Put div#sidebar inside (and at the beginning of) div#insidecontent and you should be there.

Incidentally, if it were my site, I'd desaturate the JWs in the background to make them recede a bit. As it is, they distract the eye from the content area (IMO).

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Thanks - I was getting lost in it.

And the (ugly) JWs are loved by the client - I wanted a different direction [wink]

Donna

Perhaps show him this site: where the repeated logo is very much faded out, but still visible.

I'd ask him to compare the two in terms of drawing your eye away from the content...

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Oh, I tried that - and gave up last year. I'm hoping we'll get a redesign if a quick economic bounce up comes.

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back