Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing internet connection when VPN connected!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vargas71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2003
CA
Hi,

when I'm connected to my VPN client, I can't no longer access the Internet...it's that normal???

Once I'm disconnected from the VPN I can surf the web...

What could be wrong in the PIX or/and VPN configuration ???

Can you help me with that???

quoted from Can't access the Internet while using VPN

Symptom: after establishing a VPN connection, you may not be able to access the Internet because the VPN takes over your existing connection and all traffic to use the VPN default gateway on the remote network. The remote network may not allow VPN clients to access the Internet via their gateway.

Resolutions:
1) If you access to the VPN server only but not entire network, disable the "use default gateway on remote network" option in the properties of the VPN connection. To do that, go to VPN Connection->Properties->Network->TCP/IP->Properties->Advanced-, uncheck "Use default gateway on Remote Network".
2) Edit route table manually if you know how to or check routing page on this web site.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network and How to at

Hi,

it works thanks a lot...

But how do you do it with the Cisco VPN Client 3.x???

Because this is what I'm want to use to connect ;o)

Hi,

what do you have to configure on the Cisco PIX 506E firewall to solve this problem???

Is it something to do with the vpn group command or something else???

And can you tell me how ;o)

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back