Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOSFA & SLIPR error

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
Good Morning,
I have Nortel Meridian 81C PBX system. I have 2 PRI connected to system. Recently I am getting LOSFA alarm on one PRI and SLIPR alarm on other PRI. I used RCNT command but alarm is not clearing. I opened ticket to PRI vendor and they says they tested both PRI and lt's clean. What cold be the problem? Other day I switched the clock, and one clock gave the error "VCOX AGING ERROR". Today I checked both controllers (SSCK 0 & SSCK 1) and both came with "NO ERROR" but still I am getting LOSFA & SLIPR alarms. Is one of the clock controller (QPC471-H) bad? What could be the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Take a Loopback Plug and loop it back at the Smart Jack and see if your errors clean up, this will have to be done after hours do to taking the T1 off line

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

One of these two circuits will probably carry you timing for the PBX. When it drifts for whatever reason, it will affect the other one too. Typically you would have a primary clock source and a secondry clock source.
In LD 60 you can enter SSCK 0, this will show your PREF and SREF (primary and secondary references)You can swap between the two by entering SWCK. After doing this, see if the errors stop.
What you do not want to see is that your clock is in freerun, this means it is not taking timing from anything worthwhile. If you enter TRCK xxx (xxx = PCK for primary, SCLK for secondary) you can tell it which one you want on line if you are in free run.
If this is done, you will probably see the errors stop on one of the circuits (possibly both) but the other MAY still see errors, specifically if it has a problem.
This is all in the Manual under LD 60 if you want to look up details.
Hope this helps.

Thanks. The problem with CSU/DSU card. I replaced card and problem has been fixed. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back