Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lose connectivity betwen two 3300 mxe after upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyzard00

Programmer
May 21, 2009
PR
hi

i have two 3300 mxe in rls 4.1 connected each other for ipx/net.

one is label as main and second is label as gateway.
it working fine about 4 yrs. i need upgrading because phone 5330e is not supported in rls 4.1
i did the upgrade to the main and they working perfect ,one week later i did the upgrade to the gateway, here is my problem,
when the equipment is up and running, after 30 minutes I lose communication with the main.
I have to go through the serial port on the gateway and type this command: mips_reset
retrieves the connectivity for 30 minutes more.

i replace the gateway for another but does the same

Did you do "Upgrade Bootrom all" in Maintenance.

If it was working with the older software and you performed an upgrade can you do a "SWAP" maintenance command to take it back to state before it was upgraded.

Can i use the 4.1 backup and put into rls 6.0?

No you can't downgrade but if you did an upgrade through the software installer in uses another partition to install the new software load.
If you click on 'about' it will tell you if what load is on the inactive partition if there is one.
If there is the 4.1 load on there you can go to maintenance commands and type 'SWAP', this will swap the boot partition and you should be where you were before the upgrade.

Yes you should be able to restore 4.1 backup in to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back