Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loosing I.E standard objects(eg.Window, icons, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

level0

Programmer
Dec 6, 2001
GB
I dont know if this is the right forum for this question but i hope someone will know :)

As seen the last year there are many sites that seem to load on its own sepearate window without using the standard I.E explorer window. I dont know if this is color effects or special programming functions put an example can be found here
On this site for I.E only:

go for the flash version...

As you can see the title bar is white and the standard buttons (drop,close, minimse) are all gone...

Also try to drag this window from its Title bar...

Can anyone explain a method for doing this ?????

That's the way the site was written to perform using javascript. Not much you can do about it. You will find lots of sites that have javascript in their code will do this.

Yeah you was right it is a Java script behind this window. Something i didnt know my self. Thanks to HUSS from the Flash post Forum we know how is been built.

Here is the link for you to get more info if you wish:

thread250-177022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back