Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loosing all appointments in the company calender 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal2pro

MIS
Mar 30, 2004
US
I loose all appointments from my "All Public Folders - Appointment schedule" within the company mailbox (as seen through Outlook 2000), when ever I need to reboot my exchange 2000 server.

Any idea what Im missing here? I have owner rights to this appointment folder, and another individual has editor rights.

Thanks for looking at this thread, I hope you can help.

Bet my bottom dollar it is Symantec.. be sure M: is excluded.

Excluding all of M will also include all the users mailboxes (MBX). Do we want to trust the users ?!?!?.

How about instead we just exclude Public Folders, In the Symantec System Center? Deal or am I being too laxed?

If you intend on scanning Exchange, Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange must be utilized.

Exclude the following.

The IFS drive (drive M)
Exchange databases (the original location is the Exchsrvr\Mdbdata folder)
Exchange MTA files (Exchsrvr\Mtadata folder)
Exchange temporary files (tmp.edb) - (this file may be in more than one location)
Additional log files (Exchsrvr\server_name .log)
Virtual server folder (Exchsrvr\Mailroot folder)
Site Replication Service (SRS) files (Exchsrvr\Srsdata folder)
Internet Information Service (IIS) system files (<drive>:\Winnt\System32\Inetsrv folder

Good luck

MCSE 2K - MCSA 2K - NET+ - A+

Paul..

I would recommend getting the symantec for the exchange mailboxes also. But the client will detect the virus when the users opens outlook.

MCSE 2K - MCSA 2K - NET+ - A+

Paul..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back