Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looping Login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2000
GB
I have check and tried the suggestions to similar problems at Seagates site and here with no luck.

I have Report written in CR8, whic runs fine in Crystal. It is a Cross tab report using data from a Sybase 12 database over an ODBC connection. When running the report in Crystal, it asks for User login and password once.

If I run the report over the web, it goes into a login loop. It fails even if I supply the USER0 and Password0 parameters (which work fine with other reports using the same database but aren't crosstab).

I tried putting the SQL through an Access database using a SQL Passthrough query, didn't help. Also setup an Access database with linked tables and made an Access query to return the desired results, didn't help.

This infinte loop problem has to do with a client access setting. I'm having the same problem. I'm picking at the problem. I can enter my username and password on the client but they can't get access using their username and password. I'm also using an OBDC connection (db2/400).

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

There is a FAQ on searching the Seagate KB, and there are several articles on Looping Login.

Search on the phrase and you will find several articles that may apply. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

None of the Seagate suggestions makes any difference. The report works fine in crystal, and when a browser accesses it directly it works fine.

It seems that all reports fail when I run using ASP and rptserver.asp. Even non crosstab reports fail to connect to datasource, but the crosstab also has the looping login error.

One reason for the looping login that helped some reports was that the rptserver.asp being called must be in the same directory as the asp that calls it. Copying the smartvieweractivex.asp supplied by crystal (which they suggest doing) will fail because that asp specifically names the rptserver.asp in the crystal sample directory.

But as I said, all reports fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back